Sunday 13 January 2013

The best yet!

I took The Boy for our pretty regular Sunday morning swim this morning and as I was driving back, I was seeing quite a few runners wrapped up against the elements, pounding the pavement. I was quite proud that I was one of these strange creatures that likes to put a pair of shorts on in 2 degrees and go out for a plod.

At that same moment, I realised that I was trying to give myself an excuse NOT to go out for a run because it was about 2 degrees and I'm a delicate little flower really. This had the instant effect of turning my pride to shame.

With that in mind, I left myself with no choice and once I got home, I got changed and headed out into the cold. I'm still learning my way with my barefoot running and since the beginning of Jan, I've been out a few times with the main intention of staying under 5 min/km and also increasing the distance I'm covering. Today I managed just over 4km which is the longest so far in 4:53's which is my quickest pace of 2013. Chuffed with that and only 1km away from being able to do a park run.

All this on a very limited amount of sleep in the last few days too due to my lovely baby girl who is not quite as lovely at 3am!

No comments:

Post a Comment