Monday, 10 January 2011

A cry for help! New Balance trainers

Right, this is my problem. My New Balance MR1063WN 2E are coming to the end of their life and I have only used this type of trainer since I started running as they are the right width for my extremely high arches and have NEVER caused me a problem when running.

 AN OLDER PAIR THAT GOT ME THROUGH GRIM '09

They have now been discontinued and I can't find another pair for love nor money (or indeed a long Google search). They have been replaced with the 1064 which although they look lovely, numerous reviews say that they feel a lot stiffer and aren't good for anything much longer than a 10k.

I have a Half Marathon in Feb and another in March and I have no idea what shoe to buy but I need to get it soon to have a chance to break them in.

I'm not going to lie, changing trainers scares me. I know numerous people who have gone on to develop Iliotibial Band Syndrome as soon as they've tried new trainers and that can't happen.

Does anyone know: a)where I can still get hold of a pair of New Balance MR1063WN 2E trainers in a UK9.5 or b)what the hell I buy to replace them if not?

HELP!!!

2 comments:

  1. The only way is to go to a running shop and try out the 1064 as well as other shoes. It is always a pain when they change models

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There

    I know this might not help directly, but when I bought my new Nike Lunarglide's before xmas in Sweatshop and they gave me a 30 day period in which you can take them back if you aren't getting along with them.

    So you could always buy them from there and take them back if your not happy with them.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete