Thursday 5 March 2009

Stuck between a lazy and a tired place

Miles intended since Saturday: approx 6.66 (This works out like this. I was intending to do any of 6 on Tuesday, 8 on Wednesday or 6 on Thursday)

Miles since Saturday: 0 (This works out like this. I didn't bother)

Hmm... This post isn't off to a great start is it! But I do have a number of (crap) reasons for this.

On Tuesday I had loads and loads of good intentions to run home from work. I bought my stuff in, I ate carbs the night before, I didn't pig out during the day. See, all prepared. Then came a problem. Some of the people at my work can be a right pain in the arse sometimes! This put me in a tremendously bad mood. Like really bad. Bad enough for me to strop out of work the second it turned 17:30 and headed straight for the shop for Wine and Mini Eggs. You'll be please to know that this worked. I felt much better later. I didn't even care that I hadn't run as I could make it up later in the week and as eatingtrees had declared it 'National Shite Run Day', it didn't matter anyway.

Wednesday, I couldn't as I had a gig to go to that I was really looking forward to. Very quickly as gigs are a little passion of mine, they're called Mumford and Sons and they were playing at the ICA. 4 blokes and guitars, double bass, banjo, keyboard and accordian plus 4 cool voices. Very cool to dance around like a loon to and these boys will be MASSIVE. I have been to many a gig over the last few years and this was one of the best ever! Please, if you get a chance to listen, do it. I have nothing to do with them but they just make me truly happy when I hear them!! Anyway, because of this, no run. Again.

Before leaving work on the Wed I found out that we had a big company thing after work on Thursday. So I didn't bother bringing my stuff in as there was no point right? Wrong! They cancelled the meeting at 9.15am Thursday morning and left me banging my head the table in frustration. Now I have to admit, this is where it gets a little (read VERY) lazy. I don't do well at getting home and then running. I have no motivation for it. When I get home, that's my energetic bit done. I'd like to say otherwise but it's the truth. Once I'm home, I just won't put my running gear on. So I've just eaten a Pizza. And not run. Again. Bugger! Mmmm Pizza.

OK, bang goes my Friday night. I'm going to do 6 miles tomorrow. Or 8. This depends on whether I run Saturday morning. OK decision made. I will run 6 miles home from work tomorrow. I will then get up early Saturday morning and do another 6 as punishment before heading to Essex. That'll be 12 miles which isn't great but as it's only 1 week before Fleet, I'm cutting back. Albeit through laziness... which is just wrong.

3 comments:

  1. "Some of the people at my work can be a right pain in the arse sometimes! This put me in a tremendously bad mood. Like really bad. Bad enough for me to strop out of work the second it turned 17:30 and headed straight for the shop for Wine and Mini Eggs."

    Tick (although I'd swap the Mini Eggs for a Nutrageous bar and crisps).

    "Once I'm home, I just won't put my running gear on. So I've just eaten a Pizza. And not run. Again. Bugger! Mmmm Pizza."

    Tick.

    I don't need to write my blog anymore, I'll just copy yours. It'll give me more time to drink wine and eat pizza and think of reasons not to run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be of service!! Maybe we'll just do a week each and copy/paste from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. National Shite Day? lol, that's clever!
    I think on my side of the pond it was declared National Fuck It Week because I wasn't in the mood to do anything other than eat, sleep and drink. And I did just that, and paid dearly during my 10 mile today. Oh well!

    Glad you enjoy my blog. I'm loving yours as well!

    ReplyDelete