Friday 26 February 2010

Almost

I nearly went for a run last night. Honestly, it was so close. I had the route planned and everything. It was a 4.85 mile route that had a planned stop at 4.1 miles at the fish & chip shop to pick up dinner. OK, it wasn't going to be the healthiest route but it was going to have an enjoyable end to it! There was a bit of drizzle while I was coming home from work but by the time I'd said hello to LG, checked the post and taken off the grown-up shoes that were doing their best to blister my toes, the heavens had opened and at that point I knew in my heart of hearts, the only way I was getting to the chippy was in the car. And I did. And it was tasty. And it wasn't the best preparation for the Richmond Park 10k tomorrow.

I'm kind of looking forward to it and kind of not. See I don't enjoy running round Richmond Park. There are just too many people and cars to make it enjoyable and worthwhile. However, I'm hoping that as it's an event, it'll be slightly better! Here's hoping anyway. But what I do know is that it'll be good to run with eatingtrees again and basically have a bit of a gossip most of the way round, loyally supported by our number one supporter, my Lovely Girlfriend.

I also appeared to have said the final 'yes' to the London to Brighton bike ride sometime in June with eatingtrees, jogblog and iliketocount. 55 miles on a single speed that I built?!?! It's gonna hurt but the plan appears to be doing it for a bit of fun and not take it too seriously which interests me a lot more than cladding myself in lycra and trying to power my way there. Plus, for everyone else's benefit, I won't be wearing lycra. That's a win-win for everyone I reckon!!

6 comments:

  1. Hope you have a good time tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish and chips, mmmmmmm. Edward is possibly doing the London to Brighton as well, so H and I will be at the other end to meet and greet...maybe a bloggers meet up is on the cards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meet up's a great plan but why not stick H on a little kiddy seat and join us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Running to get the Fish and Chips what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm, I do have a bike seat, but it's a loooong way isn't it? Not sure he'd go for that. I'll have a think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, just read the information on the website and children are not allowed to ride with their parents, all entrants have to be 14 or over. Well, that's that decided then!

    ReplyDelete