Sunday 29 November 2009

I thought the Grim Challenge was meant to be next weekend??

What I wasn't expecting on my little route today, was to be half way round, with socks that could be wrung out, trainers that would have been drier in a washing machine on full cycle and mud splattered up the backs of my legs!! However,  with the rain hammering down all night yesterday and still going when I stepped out this morning, what I should have been expecting was to be half way round, with socks that could be wrung out, trainers that would have been drier in a washing machine on full cycle and mud splattered up the backs of my legs. Add the water running/dripping off my cap, the long sleeve top and a bright yellow gilet, it really did look like I'd got dressed in the dark and then fallen in the Thames!!

However, since the only point that I'm not a heavy breathing, red faced miserable looking get is at the point I step out of the flat, looks really aren't top of my priority list! I spent 1:05:31 doing an impression of a drowned rat for 7.2 miles which again is another step up in distance at an easy pace of 9:06 m/m. An enjoyable run to be honest but would have been quicker had I not run the first 2 miles with LG (at an again improved pace of 9:30 ish) and then because I had to at least try and avoid the mud puddles for about a mile and a half, that slowed me down too.

Today's run was never about speed though, I needed to know that I could get close to next week's Grim Challenge distance of 8+ miles again and I did so without any really worries which is nice even if the weather was not!

LG ran her own route which she made up as she went along and once mapped upon returning, she'd smashed her previous best non-stop run by 1.35 miles to complete 4.2 miles in 42:21 (10:06 pace) which is a massive achievement!!

Exciting news.... (ish) Through the power of technology, and me learning how to use my phone, providing I can teach LG to do the same thing, pictures of myself and eatingtrees trying to run round an army vehicle testing course, will be on here during our actual run next Saturday morning so while you sit there with your coffee and bacon sandwich you can look at 2 idiots pretending to have fun while covered in mud. Now there's something you don't see on the internet everyday.... oh, hang on.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment