Thursday 25 June 2009

3 days and counting

I get to run on Sunday and I honestly can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it! I haven't put on my trainers for a full 3 weeks in an effort to sort the ongoing saga of the left hand side of my body and now I think it's as good as it's going to get and I need to do some proper exercise. I'm always amazed with how much I miss it when I can't run for a little while.

Sunday at the Thame 10k will be LG's longest ever run which I've kind of pushed her into so I'm hoping she enjoys at least some of it although I assume it will only be the finish that makes her smile. Our training hasn't exactly been fantastic with niggling injuries for both but it's just about getting round. I'll be running with her all the way to encourage/abuse/bribe her to the finish and then we have a friend cooking us lunch as she lives near by and for me, that's a pretty good incentive to get to the end.

I'm hoping she enjoys it anyway as after checking my bank statement, I can see we've both been entered into the Willow 10k on the 22nd Nov. I'm looking forward to this as it's just 2 days after my 30th birthday and also the morning after the celebrations of my 30th. It's strange that the thing I wanted to do most was run a 10k with LG and eatingtrees but I reckon it'll help with the hangover and after begging them both to get up and run with me, they both (reluctantly in the case of LG) agreed.

Sunday's weather looks like a little bit of rain which is good and will make it easier but roll on Sunday. I've got some miles to make up and I can't wait!!!

4 comments:

  1. You're doing a race the morning after your birthday celebrations? I'd have no chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah but it's only a 10k and it'll help with the hangover. Plus it completes my '1 race every month until the end of the year' quota.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, as The Willow 10k is just down the road from me, I propose either a) lunch and shisha at mine after the race or b) assuming someone wants to give me a job before November, we go out to lunch.

    And good luck to you and LG for Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm.... Winter birthday Shisha. Happy days!

    ReplyDelete