Tuesday 8 June 2010

Juneathon. Day 8. PB to PW, the not so steady decline

After 1 shower, some beans on toast, some blog writing, 1 episode of Nurse Jackie and less than 7 hours of very disturbed sleep, I headed back out for another run on the same route as day 7. I'd have much rather not been back on the pavement again but with plans to meet up with eatingtrees and another friend for Lebanese food and Shisha tonight, I didn't have much choice.

It was SLOW. I knew it wouldn't be as fast as yesterday's anger fuelled run but this was really slow in relation to the start of Juneathon. I ran my 5.14km at a slower pace than most of the Half Marathon's I've done so it is with delight that I'm NOT going to get up at 5:20am and run again tomorrow. I'm going to treat myself to an extra 40 mins in bed and go out on the bike in the evening after work. After 3 runs in a row and a niggling pain that is creeping across the top of my left foot (a pain I first seemed to have blogged about in March 2009!) I'm going to give up the 2 feet for 2 wheels for a day and I can't wait!

June 1st: RUN 5.95km (31:48)
June 2nd: RUN 4.46km (22:31)
June 3rd: BIKE 11.31km (??:??)
June 4th: RUN 5.14km (26:05)
June 5th: BIKE 8.61km (??:??)
June 6th: RUN 5.14km (26:15)
June 7th: RUN 5.14km (25:02)
June 8th: RUN 5.14km (28:33)

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday sounded like an horrific day. Well done on the last couple of runs. We've earned our night out tonight. See you later...

    ReplyDelete